Monday, May 20, 2013

Palooza of Miscellany!

So I have a lot of projects that I have been working on and I have not been sharing...that ends NOW!  SO lets get on with it!  



This Awesome little mini quilt is all rainbowy and fun and I made it on a whim out of scraps from a big quilt that I have been working on for almost 3 years.  I love to improv piece and I mainly used this as bubble quilting practice, not too shabby eh?


This little Bubble Dress (pattern by Oliver and S)  was made for my cousin Lea's first little girl Ava.  The fabric is one of my favorite old sheets from Pottery Barn but they wore out so now the good bits can be made into cute sewn items that are oh so soft!


Isabel so deserves a pinafore so I made her one from the Blossoms and Bloomers pattern.  I really liked this pattern it has great proportions and it just hits the spot for a super easy turn it out, reversible, cutie of a dress.  




I made it in a purple solid and a Lizzy House print from I think 1001 Peeps, and I even included some ball fringe that I had laying around FOREVER for an extra dose of fun!


Next up is a cute little doll dress for my friend's little girl Poppy.  Well I guess it is for her doll but you know what I mean.  The pattern is from Oliver and S's book Little Things to Sew, and of course as always I love their patterns I love them and it is cute, so there.


Of COURSE  I had to make something for Tyler's 6th Birthday!  Per his request he got 2 pairs of Bedtime Story pj pants and he even helped sew the inseam on one pair!


His little brother Dylan loves getting his picture taken too and umm he also likes playing with my pincushion...ya that happened but everyone is FINE!


Another goofy one for good measure ;)


Final random thing for this post is this quilted bib.  A new baby will be coming soon, a first for my cousin and they are not yet sure of the gender but I could not resist whipping up a little bib, with some of my handprinted spikey fabric too!

Alright, I have 6 more dresses and a quilt that have not even been mentioned above...within the week I will finish sharing at least those so get ready for more!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a festival of sewn goodness. Love love love the bubble quilting. Not too shabby indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your stuff looks awesome! I need to practice some different kinds of quilting this summer. I especially love the look of the bubble quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa whoa! Some really fantastic things here! AND handprinted fabric in the bib! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome parade of Emily handmade-ness! Love all the great stuff for the wee-ones, and your rainbow-y little quilt is super. It's cute and cheerful - makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of it! I like the quilting on the bib!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, leave a comment why dontcha?