A Quilt! If you watched Episode 305 of Quilty you saw me making some cool improv log cabin blocks and this is what they became. So ya step outs were kinda a stretch for me since I had to make a bunch of the sameish thing...not so improv but being on the show was AWESOME.
When I finished the episode I had all these blocks in various stages of finish and I was NOT going to finish them all the same so I just jerry-rigged them all together into this little quilt for the CMQG's charity efforts for Project Night Night. I like the way it finished and it is only 28.5"x40" so a baby size.
I used whatever solids I had on hand and even a shot cotton I got at the Needle Shop (ok I guess I also used a stripe on the back and binding). The quilting is also kinda improvised with my walking foot squareish and whaddoya know it holds all the layers together!