Friday, July 5, 2013

Sisters, Sisters...


So every time I hear the word "sisters" I think of the song from White Christmas with the Haynes Sisters.  The dresses the fans, oh the FANS, and their playful song about being ever so close with a touch of humor too.  I have two brothers...so of COURSE I have always wanted a sister, but that's not gonna happen.  So instead I make outfits for the sisters I know, coordinating but not matching is my preference and so here are 2 sets of sister outfits!



For my first set of sisters I have little Misses Mina and Tessa!  So little, so cute, I made these tunics for them when baby Tessa was on the inside (I love how that makes it seem like she is serving time, ha!).  So anyway I made Big sister's tunic with the Oliver and S Bubble Dress pattern and some pretty green Amy Butler fabric.  Instead of a bubble bottom I cut it a little shorter and made it scalloped, easy and oh so FUN!


Little Miss Tessa's tunic was made with the Made By Rae free Little Geranium Dress Pattern.  I used some Anna Maria Horner Garden Party fabric, I think it is called Social Climber, and even played with the pieces until the rose on the bodice fell just where I wanted it.  


Now for Isabel and Riley's dresses they are a bit more matchy as their mother (my cousin) chose the main fabric and wanted the same pattern for each girl, the Puppet Show Dress by Oliver and S.  The floral print is actually an old bed sheet and I chose some nice matching solids to go with the print.  I LOVE the Puppet Show dress but is is definitely a more involved pattern with the darts, curved bodice, set in sleeves, buttoned cuff, and collar.  



But hey these little smiling faces are worth it any day!  Ah...sisters!

Have you ever made coordinating outfits for kids? do you wanna? talk  to me :)

4 comments:

  1. Totally cute!! :) Also - we just tried allie's shorts on and they fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!!! Brought back two great memories for me, my daughters used to play with these giant fans I had, singing the sisters song. And my mother always made my sister and I matching but slightly different dresses. Such sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, all of them! I've never made matching outfits for anyone, but that's mainly because I haven't had anyone to make them for yet. My mom made matching dresses for my cousin and I, and recently I learned that she made matching outfits for herself and I, too. Then, one of my young childhood neighbors told me that her and I had matching outfits, too! I think my mom was out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, leave a comment why dontcha?